https://www.ibssm.org/a/donate

Friday 2 November 2012

Time to dream

Being here in Redding is a dream come true.

God really values our dreams.  Not just the ones we have while we sleep, although our sleeping dream time is often used by Him to speak to us.  I'm talking about the real deep down desires of our hearts.  The things we tend not to tell everyone we meet because they are like a treasure; hidden and waiting for the right time to be revealed.  Or they are so outrageous that to disclose them to another person requires a very deep level of trust.

I am becoming alive to my dreams.  Things I didn't even know I felt.  Desires I have never had the arena or permission to explore.  It is a very liberating experience, being given the freedom to dream.  And yet, it can be difficult and scary if one has never been encouraged to lay bare the inner workings of their person.

I am learning who I am as a daughter of God.  As I begin to learn who He is, what He's like and how He is working in me, I feel safe.  Safe to explore my dreams.  To my Daddy God, my dreams are important, they are valuable, they are wonderful and precious.  Am I saying that if I dream of a sports car, that God is going to drop one off in my driveway tomorrow? Nope, not necessarily.  What I AM saying is that in Him, we have permission to dream but even better than that, we are welcomed into His heart to dream WITH Him!! It is glorious.

I am learning just how much my Father in Heaven loves me.  That He is so pleased with me, quite simply for being me.  I am the apple of His eye!  His heart is for me!  He never takes His gaze off of me and He is fiercely protective of me for I am His child.  Knowing these things (and so much more) creates a safe place for me to express my whole being; mind, body, soul and spirit.  It is paradise in His embrace.




No comments:

Post a Comment