https://www.ibssm.org/a/donate

Friday 16 September 2011

Birthdays and BSSM

Yesterday (15th September) was Ben's 31st birthday.  It feels like a significant milestone to be celebrating his birthday here.  If you think about it, we wait our whole lives to step into our destiny.  Although Ben didn't know he was going to be here when he was a child, or even 5yrs ago, his life has moved towards this goal, this place, this moment in time in Redding.

It has been wonderful to see him so happy, to be stepping into this next phase of life.  When someone's dreams come true, its awesome to be standing along side them.  That being said, he's at school, walking out his destiny and I'm at home with the kids.  Its been glaringly obvious that I am going to have to be very careful in protecting my heart from getting bitter.  I always want to hear what has happened at school each day but if I let myself get all annoyed at the fact that I'm missing out I'm in for a crappy time.  I know that I am doing a very special job caring for my children and home etc.  A job that no one else can do better than me, a job that is as much worship pleasing to my Lord and King as being at church or in BSSM.  Its only the evil one that tells me the lie that I am missing the boat or insignificant.  I remind myself often of the words of prophecy spoken over me about this time at Bethel Church being as much about me as it is about Ben.  The Lord has big plans for me too.  He has amazing plans for everyone.  Even YOU.  Especially you.

Back to the birthday. We had to go to a 'meet the teacher' night at the boys school (also at the church) so we arranged to have the kids looked after (thanks Brooke and Rachel!) and planned to go out to dinner afterwards.  The meeting took longer than we'd thought, partly because we met some other parents from the UK (also here for BSSM) and got talking.  It was fun.  God loves bringing people together just for fun, just to bless. He's pretty awesome like that.

We got to speak to the boys teachers and we were so impressed.  The school clearly loves the kids and the love of the Lord is evident in every classroom.  It really was amazing.  We're so glad we made the decision to send the kids there.  We'll work the budget out later........

After the meeting went late, we stopped off for some quick dinner at a Chinese place.  It was delicious food, great conversation and a balmy night made for a very pleasant time all round.


No comments:

Post a Comment