https://www.ibssm.org/a/donate

Tuesday 4 October 2011

Marge! The rains are 'ere!

So yesterday it started to rain in Redding.  The shift from extreme summer heat to cold, wet winter has literally happened over night and 'Fall' has been somewhat bypassed.  Redding locals tell us that once it starts raining, it pretty much doesn't really stop for a few months.  Great news.  I'd sort of like to find a balance between extreme weather patterns for my own sanity but we'll work with what we've got. The boys have relished being dressed in winter gear and were very excited to be able to wear raincoats to school.  I wonder how long that will last?

Last week Ben went to Chico, a town about 1.5hrs away, with his Revival Group (60ish people) for a 3 day retreat.  By all accounts it was a great time of getting to know each other and building relationships.  Ben and a bunch of other guys prayed for a man and saw his leg grow out to match his other one.  Incredible.  This sort of thing is common place among the students as they are so hungry for more of the Lord and willing to give whatever it takes to press in and get it.  Watch the clip of it here. God is Healer!

While Ben was growing legs in Jesus' name, I was holding down the fort at home.  The time went quickly and I was happy knowing that Ben was where he should be.  Its always hard parenting solo but at the moment I'm totally cool with working with Ben to make sure we both get as much out of our time here as possible. Ben actually sent me flowers while he was away with a note of thanks for all my efforts with the kids.  The delivery came at just the right time, I'd had a bit of a rough afternoon and to be completely honest had just spent the last minute or so silently punching the couch in frustration.  Yeah, how's that for a look into real life!  Anyway, my phone rang and it was the flower guy.  My heart was immediately softened as I felt not only Ben's love but also God's love for me.  Of course it brought me to tears and I repented of my couch bashing. Haha!

This evening Ben and I have been looking at all the options available for his mission trip in March next year.  He needs to apply for his top 5 preferences and he is so far struggling to narrow it down to that many!  Every trip would be completely amazing.  There are options all over the U.S., Mexico, South America, Africa, Europe and Canada.  He feels led to apply for a trip to Honduras and Nicaragua. It's purpose is to reach out to the people that live on the rubbish dumps.  They would be taking food and clothing to give them as well as just heaps and heaps of God's love.  We watched this clip from a previous trip and were bawling our eyes out. Have a look here and prepare to be moved.

The cost of every mission trip is the responsibility of the student.  This trip will cost $2400 USD.  It's not factored into the tuition fees for BSSM so we need to raise that amount in order to send Ben there.  We believe that God has got it covered and so Ben's applied in faith that the funds will come in.  We'd love it if you would like to bless Ben financially for this trip.  If you feel led to do so, click here. Thanks so much in advance, lets bring some Hope and Love to a forgotten people group.

In finishing, I just wanted to say how grateful we are to be here, living out our dream.  We couldn't survive without the financial aid of so many people.  Every time I get to the check out at the supermarket I thank Jesus for providing the cash.  Not just enough to survive, but to thrive.  Our God is the God of abundant blessing, and He's pouring it out through so many of you (and your wallets!), so thankyou thankyou thankyou!




No comments:

Post a Comment