https://www.ibssm.org/a/donate

Saturday 21 January 2012

A whole lot of healing going on.

We've had a big week.  It's been busy, yes, but it was also big in other ways.

Randy Clark was in town running a Healing and Impartation school (pretty much just a conference with 'doing' bits) with Bill Johnson.  As a BSSM student, Ben was invited to attend free of charge and I was able to go to 2 of the evening sessions.  

Randy is a healing evangelist and in fact unintentionally started what is now known as the 'Toronto Blessing'.  I know many of you may freak out about that. Back in 1994, in a normal everyday meeting, Randy simply invited Holy Spirit to come and He came!  Yeah, some people did some weird stuff but no one I have ever spoken to that went to Toronto during that intense time of renewal came away unchanged or uneffected by God.  In fact it still continues today.  

Anyway, Randy and Bill were teaching on healing and everyday there were many people healed of all kinds of things.  On the last night there were over 200 people healed.  That's a good night at church.  Metal disappeared, cartilage grew, backs were straightened, headaches went and skin conditions were healed in the name of Jesus.  There was so much going on it was amazing.  It was intense too as some of the time the people who were ok were praying for those with the need.  Sometimes nothing happened.  That can be crushing both for the one in pain and the one praying.  In all things though, it was reiterated to me this week that I have a responsibility to pray because I believe that God is Good and in a good mood.  I believe that when Jesus died, He died not only for our salvation but also for our freedom from all oppression, including sickness and pain.  So I will pray.

Tuesday saw the Lord provide for us in new and exciting ways.  We needed money and He came through for us.  What a loving Daddy we have.  When He promised in His word that he would provide for all His kids, He wasn't kidding.  It was amazing to really know He has our needs sorted. 
 
This week I volunteered in the Bethel Christian School lunchroom.  Oh my, it was loud.  I was crossing off the names for the hot lunches and I had fun chatting to the kids and freaking them out with my weird accent. The whole 'lunchroom' thing was new to me and yet again, I felt as though I had climbed into my TV back in Australia.  

It was also raining most of the week.  Like really really raining.  It was sort of nice being all cosy inside while it poured down outside but the kids were going a bit stir-crazy by Friday.  A lot of snow fell on the mountains around Redding which is a treat to see.  Sam managed to get very wet each day at school.  Probably because he chose not to wear his rain jacket a lot of the time.  Apparently he 'likes the rain'.  I have my suspicions that it is all a clever ploy to get me to buy him an umbrella.  


No comments:

Post a Comment